Wednesday 1 June 2011

Brooks B17 standard leather saddle in Honey

I have fitted my new Brooks saddle onto the Peugeot touring bike. It looks great. It looks a bit nose up but Brooks said you should aim to have the weight loaded onto the widest part of the saddle so it does feel very different to my racing bike saddle and riding position. I can tell there is a little discomfort ahead while I 'break it in' and the leather softens and conforms to me. I put on the first application of 'Proofride' too. One application on the bottom which is not polished off and is only needed once, and the first of many applications for the top of the saddle.
The old saddle which was torn and not very comfortable.

The saddle as it came. There were lots of things to look at and read in the box.
Bottom of the saddle after one off application of 'Proofride' as instructed.
Brooks B17 saddle in honey
Peugeot touring bike with nice new Brooks B17 saddle.

Well I just need to put in the miles now. I should anyway, but now I have another motivation of getting that expensive saddle to actually be comfortable! No pain, no gain.

2 comments:

  1. Is that A Puegot Vitesse 12 speed? And what is proofride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Actually I'm not sure what model the Pugeot is. It looks just like the 'Triathlon' model but with the Cantilever boses and other braze-ons associated with a touring bike. The components are from my brothers old Coventry Eagle 6 speed tourer.

    2) Proofride is a product made by Brooks. It's suppost to help the leather soften up and stop the leather drying out with age. A tin will last a long time. I'm glad I bought some. It seem to work and definately keeps the leather looking good.

    ReplyDelete