Tuesday 1 May 2012

Fish training update, Hoop trick

After Siani has been trained to follow the feeding wand anywhere for a food reward I have moved on to trying to teach the hoop trick. At first I was suing the feeding wand to tempt the fish through the hoop as instructed in the manual, this is in the first video.


After a few sessions Siani now perches onto and then eventually swim through the hoop. I have not got a great video but here is my best effort and a picture below. Due to this species naturally living on the bottom this trick is a little more taxing (or unnatural) for Siani than a free swimming fish like a goldfish. I think the perching on the hoop is still a cool trick. I just need to keep the training up really. I'll keep you updated!

Siani sitting on the hoop, waiting for food.



No comments:

Post a Comment