Tuesday 5 June 2012

Mares instinct camo brown 55 (5.5mm) 2 piece opencell spearfishing wetsuit

I was thinking of getting a 'made to measure' wetsuit after several people recommended it. However I went for an off the shelf wetsuit because of the price and because my measurements matched well with Mares size 3. It was a bit of a risk but the wetsuit fits really well and keeps me very warm.

The Mares instinct camo brown wetsuit comes in two pieces of high waist trouser and a jacket with integrated hood.

The wetsuit seems to be really well made and the outer camo finish is really nice. I went for the brown camo because I hope it well hide me well against the kelp, Fucus and sand of North Wales so that fish will swim past me unaware (I hope). The inside of the suit is open cell which means it is bare rubber and so very sticky and warm suit also very delicate. It seems the main danger is cutting it with toe and finger nails when taking it on and off. So keeping nails trim and smooth and using a lubricant is needed to stop damaging the inside. I have made up a 50/50 solution of hair conditioner and water in a sprayer which is working well to help the trousers and jacket slip on and off.  Getting in and out of the suit was a bit of a mission the first time, mainly because I was paranoid about damaging it, but the is a technique which makes it easier. The below videos were helpful in finding the right on and off technique, the wetsuit came with no instructions on putting it on or off and how to care for the wetsuit.






Mares instinct camo brown wetsuit

Camo brown jacket

Mares camo brown trouser knee pad

Mares camo brown chest pad

Mares instinct camo brown wetsuit

Beaver tail fastening on Mares camo brown wetsuit

No comments:

Post a Comment