Tuesday 5 June 2012

Snorkelling in North Wales

I decided I wanted to get into the sea more and observe our local marine life here in North Wales. I always see it all at low tide or on the deck of a ship and so wanted to see underwater life in its most natural state. Before I have done this with a snorkel and swimming shorts (which can be a bit chilly), but I have now invested in some more suitable equipment. It seems that getting spearfishing kit is the best approach for doing snorkelling and freediving around here. I do not really have an interest in catching fish but the camo suit and good kit will make spearfishing equipment ideal for observing underwater life. This is a list of the kit I have bought.

Mares instinct camo brown 55 (5.5mm) 2 piece open cell wetsuit.
Mares camo brown open cell 3mm socks/booties
Mares instinct pro camo green freediving fins
Cressi 3.5 neoprene gloves
Cressi super totem dive knife
Spettoa rubber dive belt
5 x 1kg Beuchasub weights
1 x Esclapez Single Bladder Torpedo Bouy Float including a line

and I already had a Tusa Liberator plus hyperdry mask and imprex snorkel. 

I will describe and review the kit in separate posts in case it is of any use to anyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment